"Today brands are everything, and all kinds of products and services—from accounting firms to sneaker makers to restaurants—are figuring out how to transcend the narrow boundaries of their categories and become a brand surrounded by a Tommy Hilfiger-like buzz. Regardless of age, regardless of position, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You."
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]The term branding has long been used only for companies, but today almost every individual has a personal brand. Not many of us are intentionally cultivating our personal brands, but they exist nonetheless.
Personal Branding is about identifying and then communicating what makes you unique and relevant and differentiated for your target audience so that you can reach your career and/or business goals. Competition is HIGH. If you understand your strengths, skills, passions, and values, you can use this information to separate yourself from your competitors and really stand out.
Personal branding is very powerful because it sends a clear, consistent message about who you are and what you have to offer.
To cultivate a personal brand you will be proud of, start by identifying the qualities or characteristics that make you distinctive from your competitors — or your colleagues. What have you done lately — this week — to make yourself stand out? What would your colleagues or your customers say is your greatest and clearest strength? What is your most noteworthy personal trait?[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title="Benefits of a personal brand"][vc_column_text]
- Personal Branding enhances your self-awareness. When you go through the Personal Branding process, you develop incredible self-understanding about what makes you unique, valuable, and powerful. It helps optimize and flaunt your strengths.
- Personal Branding helps you clarify and reach your goals. Personal branding requires you to be crystal clear on what you want to achieve and helps you set goals to get there.
- Personal Branding helps you create visibility and presence. Once you know what is unique and compelling about you or your company, you can use that information to create visibility/presence to those people who will help you achieve your goals.
- Personal Branding is about differentiation. Personal Branding will help you differentiate yourself from everyone else who has your job title or who says they are in the same business as you.
- Personal Branding offers more control and power. Personal Branding puts you in control of your business, the clients you have, the projects you work on, and how you want to deliver services.
- Personal Branding creates wealth. Strong brands charge a premium for their products and services, and differentiated job seekers who know their value can command higher salaries.
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title="Hear it from the experts"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_video link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhqZ0RU95d4"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_video link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtjWXzajQXw"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_video link="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhk9fGYGddg"][/vc_column][/vc_row]