Instagram has been creeping up to Twitter in MAUs and DAUs (monthly and daily active users) for some time now. And while Twitter’s global growth seems to be leveling out, Instagram doubled new users from 2013 to 2014. The simplistic functionality and customizable imagery Instagram has built its foundation on has made it more globally successful than other social media apps, which means more users–which means more successful advertising. It turns out that Instagram may wind up being even more successful than its ultra successful owner, Facebook. Facebook may still be a functional advertising tool, but it requires a bit more effort. Nike, for example, has created multiple Facebook pages to target its audiences more specifically. This system could potentially function better on Instagram's platform, which requires fewer updates. Instagram works best when a brand develops a style and builds a profile around it with a string of continuity.
The key to successfully advertising on any social media platform is optimization. What works best for you brand? Analytics apps like Iconosquare can help you pinpoint your brand's strengths and weaknesses in Instagram campaigns. Use the information collected to adapt your posting schedule and style for better engagement. Optimizing your Instagram is one of the easiest ways to make your brand visible.
Check out these 14 eye-opening Instagram statistics (uncova.com):
- Instagram counts 300 million monthly active users (Instagram).
- Instagram executives think the network eventually will hit 1 billion monthly active users (Business Insider).
- Instagram is the eighth most popular mobile app in the U.S. (comScore).
- Instagram is projected to reach 45.8 million U.S. users in 2015 and 50.6 million in 2016 (Statista).
- More than 30 billion photos have been shared on Instagram since it was launched in 2010 (Instagram).
- An average of 70 million photos are shared through the app each day (Instagram).
- Engagement on Instagram is 15 times that of Facebook’s (Fast Company).
- 53 percent of Internet-using adults age 18 to 29 are on Instagram (Pew Research Center). That’s up from 37 percent in 2013.
- 76 percent of American teenagers use Instagram, making it their favorite social media network (CBS News).
- 49 percent of all Instagram users use the app each day (Pew Research Center).
- 94 percent of Instagram users are on Facebook (Pew Research Center). Facebook owns Instagram.
- 58 percent of Twitter users also use Instagram (Pew Research Center).
- 52 percent of Instagram users also use Twitter (Pew Research Center).
- Nike is the most popular brand on Instagram (Totems List).
For questions about advertising and social media management, contact us at email@example.com!
For more Marketing Monday posts, click HERE.